Do I also qualify for exemption from BC property transfer tax?
To qualify for a full exemption from BC property transfer tax at the time of registration, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have lived in B.C. for 12 consecutive months immediately before the property registration date.
- Filed at least 2 income tax returns as a B.C. resident in the last 6 years.
- Never owned an interest in a principal residence anywhere in the world at any time.
- Have never received a first-time homebuyer exemption or refund.
- The property’s fair market value must be:
- $475,000 or less if registered on or before February 21, 2017
- $500,000 or less if registered on or after February 22, 2017
Secure Your Absolute Best Mortgage!
Property Transfer Tax Exemption Programs
Why We're Different:
Our Mobile App is Simple & User-Friendly
Uploading your income documents with your mobile device has never been easier!
Join Our Community!
More than 25,000 people trust us for their mortgage needs.