Shop Your Own Mortgage
Last Updated: September 11, 2019
Information We Collect
This section describes the categories of information we collect about Guests, and how we use that information. The types of information we collect from our Guests depend on the purpose for which each Guest chooses to use the Services. We collect the following categories of information about Guests:
When a Guest creates an account to use the Services we collect their name, email address, and address.
When a Guest submits a request for support, we may collect the following types of Personal Data: name, telephone number, email address and other information that the Guest chooses to give us to respond to the support request.
We automatically collect the date and time of the Guest’s access to the Services. Depending on the settings of a Guest’s computer or mobile device (“Device”), we may also automatically collect: Device make, model, screen resolution, plug-in information, language preference, browser type; mobile operating system type and version; country and time zone in which the Device is located, geolocation data, Wi-Fi networking connection data, Internet Protocol (IP) address, metadata stored on the Device; time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits; the method by which the Guest got to our website (such as by an advertisement, social media, etc.) and other information. This information is collected through cookies and/or flash stored objects (FSOs).
How We Use Collected Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To complete your loan application;
- To respond to and meet your requests;
- For our marketing efforts, such as to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- For our business purposes, such as for analysis and to develop new products and services;
- To send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages;
- To improve the Service; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent
How We Share Personal Information
Access to Information by Employees:
- SYOM personnel may access and use Personal Data only if they have authorization to do so and only for the purpose for which they have authorization.
Access to Information by Service Providers:
- We may share Personal Data with service providers with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf, such as companies that help us process and service loans, and, where permitted by law, companies that help us market products and services. All contracted third-party service providers are contractually required to safeguard all Personal Data.
Sharing Aggregated Information:
- We may share aggregated Personal Data that is not identified with any particular Guest with our business partners and our affiliates.
Sharing Loan Application Information with Lenders:
- We will share Loan Application Information with the applicable lender. If the lender directs us to do so, we may also share Loan Application Information and related Personal Data with other service providers who support the lender’s loan programs, such as loan servicing companies, collection agencies and credit bureau agencies. We limit the information that we send to service providers and require that service providers only use your personal information to perform the services requested. Additionally, we screen our providers to ensure they have adequate security measures to protect your personal information. For example, after you’ve authorized us to verify your credit history, we will send the minimal set of information needed (including your social security number) to a credit bureau. By including your social security number, we ensure that we are requesting the correct credit report and associated credit history data. We would not send the same level of information when it is unnecessary.
Sharing Loan Application Information Cosigners:
Sharing Loan Application Information to Complete Loan Application:
- We may share Loan Application Information as necessary to complete the loan application. This includes, without limitation, receiving employment verification, degree verification, title, document import, or other necessary services.
- In the event that we enter into a corporate transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), personal information that we have collected may be transferred in the course of that corporate transaction to the relevant third party purchaser, joint venture partner, merged entity, assignee or similar party.
Compliance with Laws or Response to Legal Process:
- Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose Personal Data (i) in response to valid requests by public authorities, including for national security, law enforcement, or regulatory requirements, (ii) in response to any legal process served on SYOM or any applicable lender, (iii) to protect the rights or property of SYOM or any applicable lender.
In any case where we have transferred Personal Data to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf (onward transfer), we remain liable. The third parties we work with must also abide by the Principles and their compliance is incorporated into our contracts with them. We remain liable should your personal information be processed by our agent in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
SYOM doesn’t disclose personal information to third parties for reasons materially different from what it was originally collected for. Should this change in the future, we will provide individuals with the option to opt-out.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
These cookies and tracking technologies may collect your information in order to optimize your experience; by using tracking technology, we can monitor how the Website is being used, customize content based on the user, serve advertisements that are relevant to the user, and evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. It also helps us to identify problems with the Website, analyze Website traffic, monitor the security of the Website, and gauge the effectiveness of our communications. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your preferences regarding notifications, pop-ups, and cookies. If your browser is set to reject cookies, you may use the Website, but some aspects may not function properly.
We use third-party cookies to display targeted advertisements on both the Website and on third-party websites. These cookies may track users over time and across third-party websites and services. Please note that if you opt-out of advertising cookies, you may still see our advertisements on third-party websites and services.
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions. For instance, it allows for page navigation and provides access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|SID||Necessary||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
|__cfduid||Necessary||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
|_dc_gtm_UA-125449301-1||Necessary||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|country_code||Necessary||30 days||First-party Cookie|
|olfsk||Necessary||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
|MR||Statistics||90 days||First-party Cookie|
|__cfduid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|__stid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gat_UA-125449301-1||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_ga||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gaexp||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_s||Statistics||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
|hblid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|personalization_id||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_wp_session||Statistics||30 days||First-Party Cookie|
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant for the User and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|1P_JAR||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|APISID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|DV||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|HSID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|IDE||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|MUID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|MUIDB||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|NID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|SAPISID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|SIDCC||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|SSID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_fbp||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gcl_au||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|fr||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
By submitting a loan application or a pre-qualification request, you authorize us to share your credit report with our affiliates solely for the purpose of processing your loan application.
Newsletter and Email Communication
We give you the opportunity to subscribe to Email newsletters and other Email communications. If you don’t wish to receive this content, you can unsubscribe from any future marketing contacts from us anytime. You may unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button. You may also unsubscribe by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account and our business dealing with you.
Interactive Help (Chat)
You may initiate an online interactive discussion, or a “live chat” with a SYOM support professional. You can use this resource at any time to ask for help, request more information, share your concerns, etc. We do not require that you provide any personally identifiable information to use this service; if you volunteer personally identifiable information, however, we will only use it to respond to your request. We maintain transcripts of chat sessions for quality assurance and recording purposes.
How We Protect Personal Information
SYOM uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or improper disclosure. For example, we use encryption technologies when transmitting information to and from the Website and with our third-party service providers. Please understand that no security technology is completely secure. In addition, remember that email is not a secure form of communication for transmitting sensitive personal information. That is why we advise using our mobile app which has a 250-bit encryption. Despite these precautions, no data security safeguards guarantee 100% security all of the time.
Links to Other Websites
The Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us, we will immediately delete such information.
Access to Information