Shop Your Own Mortgage
Last Updated: September 11, 2019
Information We Collect:
- When a Guest creates an account to use the Services, we collect their name, email address and address.
- When a Guest submits a request for support, we may collect the following types of Personal Data: name, telephone number, email address and other information that the Guest chooses to give us to respond to the support request.
- We automatically collect the date and time of the Guest’s access to the Services. Depending on the settings of a Guest’s computer or mobile device (“Device”), we may also automatically collect: Device make, model, screen resolution, plug-in information, language preference, browser type; mobile operating system type and version; country and time zone in which the Device is located, geolocation data, Wi-Fi networking connection data, Internet Protocol (IP) address, metadata stored on the Device; time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits; the method by which you got to our website (such as by an advertisement, our social media channels, etc.) and other information. This information is collected through cookies and/or flash stored objects (FSOs).
How We Use Collected Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To complete your loan application;
- To respond to and meet your requests;
- For our marketing efforts, such as to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- For our business purposes, such as for analysis and to develop new products and services;
- To send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- To improve the Service; or
- For any other purpose to which you consent
How We Share Personal Information
- Access to Information by Employees. SYOM personnel may access and use Personal Data only if they are authorized to do so and only for the purpose for which they are authorized.
- Access to Information by Service Providers. We may share Personal Data with service providers with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf, such as companies that help us process and service loans, and, where permitted by law, companies that help us market products and services. All contracted third-party service providers are contractually required to safeguard all Personal Data.
- Sharing Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated Personal Data that is not identified with any particular Guest with our business partners and our affiliates.
- Sharing Loan Application Information to Complete Loan Application. We may share Loan Application Information as necessary to complete the loan application, including without limitation, receiving employment verification, degree verification, title, document import, or other necessary services.
- Corporation Transactions. In the event that we enter into a corporate transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), personal information that we have collected may be transferred in the course of that corporate transaction to the relevant third party purchaser, joint venture partner, merged entity, assignee or similar party.
- Compliance with Laws or Response to Legal Process. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose Personal Data (i) in response to valid requests by public authorities, including for national security, law enforcement, or regulatory requirements, (ii) in response to any legal process served on SYOM or any applicable lender, (iii) to protect the rights or property of SYOM or any applicable lender.
In any case, where we have received your Personal Data and subsequently transferred it to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf (onward transfer), we remain liable under the Principles. The third parties we work with must also abide by the Principles and their compliance is incorporated into our contracts with them. We remain liable should your personal information be processed by our agent in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
SYOM does not disclose personal information to third parties for purposes that are materially different than what it was originally collected for. Should this change in the future, we will provide individuals with the option to opt-out.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also use third-party cookies to display targeted advertisements on both the Website and on third-party websites. These cookies may track users over time and across third-party websites and services. Please note that if you opt-out of advertising cookies, you may still see our advertisements on third-party websites and services.
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
Necessary: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|SID||Necessary||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
|__cfduid||Necessary||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
|_dc_gtm_UA-125449301-1||Necessary||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|country_code||Necessary||30 days||First-party Cookie|
|olfsk||Necessary||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
Statistics: Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
|MR||Statistics||90 days||First-party Cookie|
|__cfduid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|__stid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gat_UA-125449301-1||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_ga||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gaexp||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_s||Statistics||45 days||Persistent Cookie|
|hblid||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|personalization_id||Statistics||30 days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_wp_session||Statistics||30 days||First-Party Cookie|
Marketing: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|1P_JAR||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|APISID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|DV||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|HSID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|IDE||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|MUID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|MUIDB||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|NID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|SAPISID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|SIDCC||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|SSID||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_fbp||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|_gcl_au||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
|fr||Marketing||30 to 90 Days||Third-Party Cookie|
By submitting a loan application or a request to be pre-qualified, you authorize us to share your credit report with our affiliates solely for the purpose of processing your loan application.
Newsletter and Email Communication
We give you the opportunity to subscribe to Email newsletters and other Email communications. However, if you don’t feel like seeing some amazing content, you can easily unsubscribe from any future marketing contacts from us at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” or by following the instructions provided in each Email newsletter or by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website and requesting to be taken off our list. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account and our business dealing with you.
Interactive Help (Chat)
You may initiate an online interactive discussion, or a “live chat” with a SYOM support professional. You should feel free to use this resource at any time to ask for help, request more information, share your concerns, etc. We do not require that you provide any personally identifiable information to use this service; if you volunteer personally identifiable information, however, it will only be used to respond to your request. We maintain transcripts of chat sessions for quality assurance and recording purposes.
How We Protect Personal Information
SYOM uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect Personal Data we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or improper disclosure. For example, we use encryption technologies when transmitting information to and from the Website and with our third-party service providers. Please understand that no security technology is completely secure, and remember that when communicating with SYOM, email is not a secure form of communication when transmitting sensitive or personal information. That is why we advise using our mobile app which is protected with encryption to send all documents. Despite these precautions, no data security safeguards guarantee 100% security all of the time.
Links to Other Websites
The Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to us through the Service, we will immediately delete such information.
Access to Information