Purchasing a home has never been easier!
Finally buying your dream home is one of the most exciting moments in a person’s life! Shop Your Own Mortgage realizes that your time is valuable and knows that finding a mortgage can be time-consuming as a result. Therefore, our platform puts the power back into your hands. Access all lenders on our site, and get your best mortgage in minutes. Above all, our process makes choosing a lender, getting a mortgage and purchasing a home simple.
A Quick Guide to Buying Your Home
1. Start the process with the end goal of becoming a homeowner
2. Prepare and certainly understand your budget
3. Check your credit
4. Contact Shop Your Own Mortgage to see much you qualify for
5. Gather the necessary documents for pre-approval
6. Send your pre-approval to one of our realtor partners
7. Begin the fun part—house hunting!
8. Make an offer on a home
9. Order a home inspection with one of our affiliate partners
10. Obtain an appraisal
11. Submit your mortgage application and also outstanding documents for approval
12. Order title insurance through one of our affiliated partners
13. Obtain clearance to close and set your closing date
14. Sign mortgage closing documents and transfer the title as a result
15. Above all, celebrate your huge milestone and enjoy your new home!
How to Be Prepared to Purchase a Home
Visit our mortgage document checklist to keep you organized and also prepared to purchase your dream home!
Hiring a home inspector can be another huge benefit to you when buying a home. Home inspectors save you time and money by searching for imperfections in your property.
“Closing costs” can sound mysterious to many first-time homebuyers. What’s included in closing costs? How much am I paying at closing? What are all of these fees for?
Get the Inside Scoop on Homebuying Here!
People have been buying houses for centuries, so you may assume it’s easy to get a mortgage. However, it may be harder than you think. Here are 4 things you should know about Canadian mortgages.
Cоmраrіѕоn shopping for mоѕt things is fairly easy, especially with online shopping. Unfortunately, this does not apply to mortgages which tend to be structured according to each buyer’s unique financial picture.
Nothing in life is free, including people and loans, but that doesn’t mean that they’re not worth the investment.
Check out some redeeming qualities that loans can have.